Monday, October 10, 2011

Back from SoundWalk!

I got back from Long Beach earlier this week.
I had a great time participating in SoundWalk 2011. I am proud of how my "Faeries in Flight" installation was received, and I experienced so many great people and pieces in the show! The things I liked best tended to be live analog electronic performances and relational works.

I'm glad I spent the amount of effort I did working on the visual portion of "Faeries". The sonic & scent parts came together on their own (though I tinkered until the last minute) but I struggled with materials (wire, fabric, and all sorts of lights) before finding the birch bark tubes & wicker moon.

Here's the original audio, which grew into a 5 hour extravaganza in Ambiophonic sound:

Faeries in Flight by Winstontaneous

A brief video snippet:



And some pictures:






Will post footage of other peoples' pieces soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment